Ham Radio Operator Responsibilities
1. Obtain and retain amateur radio operating privileges for AARN- assigned radio frequencies
through the Federal Communication Commission licensing program.
2. Understand and practice proper radio operating procedures in accordance with license
requirements and those that have been incorporated in the AARN Operating Plan.
3. Participate in AARN Net Meetings to maintain proficiency and awareness of AARN
operating procedures, equipment use requirements and AARN interface with emergency
4. Agree to commit effort to support AARN’s purposes and effectiveness as a member of a
communication team. In the event of emergencies that may affect personal safety and other
obligations, radio operators’ responsibilities are secondary to those of personal safety and
that of others.
5. To the extent possible and practical, become and remain familiar with Emergency and
Incident Management procedures established by the Federal Emergency Management